The parking spaces in St. Goar are designated and regulated by local enforcement officers. Please pay attention to the signs and barriers!
The following parking spaces are available in St. Goar:
a. For cars
- Football field behind the primary school next to the harbour car park (do not park in the harbour car park itself!)
- Designated parking spaces along the B9 in the city
- On the mountain side along the B9 towards St. Goar-Kernstadt, starting from the Gründelbachtal junction (L206)
- Along the B9 towards St. Goar-Fellen (northern town exit) on both sides of the street, starting from the Gründelbachtal junction (L206)
- St. Goar-Werlau: at the open-air swimming pool
b. For busses
parking spaces near the fire department on the B9 (southern town exit)
harbour car park (northern town exit)Along the B9 towards St. Goar-Fellen (northern town exit) on the right/Rhine side of the road until the Gründelbachtal junction (L206)
Turnaround and exit option: at the harbour car park
(subject to change)
Closure of access roads
For safety reasons, the police will have to completely block access to St. Goar at some point. The full closure affects through road 9 between the St. Goar-Gründelbach entrance and the An der Loreley district. It is solely up to the police to decide when it’s time to block off traffic on the day of the event.
We therefore ask that you arrive early (before 6.00 p.m.)!
The roadblocks will be lifted by the police after the fireworks have finished. Do not drive on the B9 in the city before the police have done this – please wait!
Car and person ferry Loreley between St. Goar-St. Goarshausen
Before the fireworks, the ferry runs until about 7.00 p.m. as a regular shuttle service.
Cars wishing to use the ferry are asked to plan to do so by 6.00 p.m., as access to the ferry is also restricted once the B9 is blocked.
Visitors accessing the ferry on foot are requested to go to the side of the Rhine that they would like to remain on once the fireworks have ended; they should do so by no later than 7.00 p.m. After the fireworks, the shuttle service can only resume once the water police have given their approval – this can take until 11.00 p.m.
Afterwards, the Lorelei car and passenger ferry runs between the two cities during the night of Saturday and through to Sunday until 2.00 a.m.
Shuttle buses will be running September 15th starting approx. 5.00 pm from:
- From St. Goar-Werlau (parking arera at the open air pool) to the harbour of St. Goar
- From St. Goar-Fellen bus stop Hotel Landsknecht over Bus stop Hotel "Das Boot" to the harbour St. Goar
- From St. Goar-Biebernheim crossing "Auf der Schanz"/"K100" to the kath. church in St. Goar
Price: 2,00€ per person and way
Due to the road barriers set up buy the police the earliest return trip to the P&R parking areas is at around 11.00 pm.
Travelling by train to/from St. Goar
For the night from Saturday to Sunday (September 15th/16th), we have asked the rail service for an increased number of wagons.
Due to the big rush to the railway station following the fireworks display, we will continue to deploy more security forces and police around the station in 2018. They will regulate the flow of people on the platform.
Please follow their announcements – it primarily serves your safety.
Your travels can also be more relaxed if, instead of leaving right after the fireworks, you visit our Wine Festival and take one of the later trains.
(also at www.bahn.de )
St. Goar – Koblenz:
- dep 22.00 h - arr 22.27 h
- dep 22.38 h- arr 23.09 h
- dep 23.54 h - arr 00.23 h
- dep 00.44 h - arr 1.16 h (16.9.)
St. Goar – Bingen (HBF) - Mainz (HBF)
- dep 22.19 h - arr 22.43 h Bingen - arr 23.25 h Mainz
- dep 23.19 h - arr 23.45 h Bingen - arr 00.19 h Mainz
- dep 00.30 h - arr 00.54 h Bingen