House rules Rheinfels Castle
Dear visitors to Rheinfels castle and to the museum of local history, we welcome you and wish a pleasant stay. At the beginning of your visit we would like to make you aquaint you with our house rules.
The house rules are important to allow the visitors a pleasant and safe stay. Therefore the observance of the house rules is a matter of your own interest.
Validity of the house rules
The house rules are binding for all visitors. With entering the castle ruins you accept the rules mentioned hereafter.
Behavior inside the castle ruins
1. It is not allowed to leave the paths. The castle map which can be received at the castle entrance is for your orientation.
2. It is not allowed to climb and walk on the walls.
3. It is not allowed to enter the lower tunnels.
4. Removing and throwing of stones is strictly prohibited.
5. Spiting and throwing of objects from the castle towers is prohibited.
6. Trespassing on the barred parts of the castle ruin is prohibited.
7. Removing and destroying fixed or movable objects and property inside the castle ruins is prohibited. The visitor is liable for any damage caused. Parents are responsible for their children in cases of damage.
8. Garbage is to be disposed in the garbage cans provided inside the castle ruins.
9. Dogs are allowed inside the castle ruins except the museum of local history. Dogs must be on a leash.
10. Teachers, team leaders and legal guardians are responsible for the children and adolescents whom they accompany. And they need make sure that the children and adolescents behave appropriately while inside the castle ruins. This applies also and especially during the guided tours.
Additional rules for the behavior inside the museum of local history
1. Dogs are not allowed inside the museum.
2. Inside the museum it is prohibited to touch the exhibits. Exceptions are marked as such.
3. It is not allowed to bring and consume food and drinks inside the museum.
1. The castle guides, the supervising staff inside the museum and the municipal staff is instructed to pay attention that the house rules are being observed. Therefore the instructions of the supervisory staff are to be obeyed.
2. In case of violation of the house rules the staff is authorised to banish the person concerned from the castle ruin. The entrance fee will not be reimbursed.
Come into Force:
The house rules come into force with immediate effect March 14th 2014.They are put up at the castle entrance and in the museum of local history.
Entering the castle ruins occurs at one’s own risk. Parents are responsible for their children!